Having the ability and skill to create engaging and original article content is surely hard. Not everybody is given the talent to produce creations that get a lot of positive reviews. Being the dream job that it is, many have wanted to succeed in this field but unfortunately, can’t.
“It may seem that successful writers live successful lives, but they have also encountered a lot of trials and they had a hard time trying to make a living out of it,” said Issa Asad Florida entrepeneur since 1996. Mr. Asad is the CEO of Q Link Wireless and Quadrant Holdings, located in South Florida. He is also the author of 4 e-commerce and marketing e-books that can be purchased on Amazon.
They may have the skills but at some point, these skills are just not enough. Here, Issa Asad Reveals 4 Tricks to Becoming a Skilled Content Producer:
1. Master different writing styles
As you have noticed, there is what is called an AP writing style. Aside from that, there are also other styles out there. There is a blogging style that is written in a friendly, more personal and more opinionated manner. There is also an Ad copy which is usually persuasive and short. Having these styles mastered, or even just one of them makes a content writer more in demand and valuable.
2. Know SEO, HTML, CSS, and WordPress
You don’t really have to know the all of it. Knowing the basics would suffice. WordPress has themes with varying levels of automatic functions. Learning to navigate WordPress functions through the HTML tab will help you come up with your desired writing format.
The knowledge in SEO is also essential. The algorithms of search engines are dynamic and thus, if you want to be successful, you have to keep up. The only thing that does not change is that contents of high quality will always be in demand.
3. Make original content
Nothing beats the original. Having original content builds up your credibility and rises up your reputation value. There are online platforms that help check your article’s originality. With the widespread of article contents out there, accidentally creating a duplicate article is never impossible.
4. Choose your topics
Writing is considered as art. Be creative enough in choosing the topics you want to write. Going through ideation is a critical process. Ideation is where a creative finding of subject happens. It usually begins with analytics and is mostly done in a team setting. However, freelance writers do not work with teams but work individually. But before choosing topics, the need of doing these things help in becoming a successful content writer:
- Understanding your audiences. To be able to know your readers will help you come up with a good idea with a good content. Always remember that you write for the readers, and not for yourself, nor for your company, nor for your brand.
- Do a keyword search. Knowing what is the trending and hottest topics is a big plus. As stated by Buzzsumo.com, the how-to posts have become quite popular and writing around these keywords would help you have a large number of readers.
- Always go for a creative and snappy title. You content titles are what makes your article more engaging. The readers’ interest depends on how catchy your title is. Their interest grows if your title gives them a hint of what it is about, but would give them enough curiosity for them to keep reading.