Online marketing is no longer a small task with the increasing number of online platforms geared to attract online shoppers.
“Online marketing strategies are increasingly becoming unpredictable and thus it becomes important for any business to delve into new marketing strategies that will work out for their sales,” said Issa Asad Florida entrepreneur and social media expert. Mr. Asad is the CEO of Q Link Wireless and Quadrant Holdings, located in South Florida. He is also the author of 4 e-commerce and marketing e-books that can be purchased on Amazon.
Below Issa Asad Explains Top 5 Marketing Trends on the Rise for 2019:
- Use of chatbots is the way to go. Chatbots are gaining popularity at great speed in modern e-commerce. The key advantage of using chatbots is the fast and reliable response that online customers get to experience. Customers are always looking for personal interactions. Therefore it’s no surprise that the chatbots technology will continue to rise due to instant customer satisfaction and higher conversion rates for websites. Good customer experience translates to more traffic and sales.
- Content is the key to a larger customer base. Good content is what will set apart your business apart from others by delivering the right message and information into the minds of your customers. However, in order to fully engage customers through website content, thorough research has to be done to determine their preferences. This will help you deliver content that directly relates to the needs of their customers. In addition, optimizing the content for searches can certainly spike traffic to your website.
- Customer security can’t be underestimated any longer. Enhancing security for your business not only keeps your business safe but also protects your customers from data and money loss. Of late, customers are increasingly becoming sensitive to cybersecurity. They need to be assured of their data security and would never risk losing money or credentials to online frauds. Therefore, businesses should take further steps to enhance the security of their sites. This includes; securing their site with SSL certificate, using password managers, updating e-commerce software regularly, conducting a risk assessment of data and requiring customers to use stronger passwords. This will certainly enhance customer retention since they feel safe while transacting via your website.
- Visual search is growing big. Visual search brings on board a whole new experience for online shoppers. It involves the use of images such as screenshots, photographs or internet images for online searches. This is in contrast to the traditional method of typing keywords and it promises an easier and quicker experience to online customers. Statistics show that there are 600 million visual searches every month on Pinterest. Therefore, it’s the ultimate time that you optimize images in your site for visual search. Having done that, you can expect visual search technology to bring in traffic to your website.
- Vertical videos can’t be ignored in the more mobile-friendly world. How do you hold your smartphone while capturing or watching a video? Most people across the world hold their phones in an vertical position. With the high popularization of smartphones, a great number of people access social media daily making it a key tool for advertising your products. Surprisingly, 94% of phone users hold their phones vertically when watching videos. This proves that vertical advertising videos are more appealing to online customers than videos that require a horizontal view. In fact, product promoters who use vertical videos claim that they get better results while considering the number of views and level of engagement. Therefore, ensure that you focus on advertising your products using vertical videos in your social media platforms.
Online marketing is increasingly becoming versatile due to technological advancements and constantly-changing customer behavior. Therefore, it’s important for businesses to be on the lookout for the new marketing trends to make 2019 business worth.